I love couscous! I don’t make it enough. In fact I was organizing a cabinet and found an unopened package of couscous hiding in the back so it immediately went on the menu for that night as a side dish with salmon. I decided to make this salad with the leftover couscous.
1 1/2 cups CousCous
2 3/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Bring water to a boil in a saucepan.
2. Add salt and CousCous, remove from heat.
3. Let sit 5 minutes, fluff with fork.
1 red pepper, chopped
1 orange pepper, chopped
1 yellow pepper, chopped
1 can artichokes, chopped
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped (can use either sun dried tomatoes packed in oil or not)
1. Toss all ingredients with couscous. (see dressing recipe below)
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
1 large garlic glove, minced
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2/3 cup olive oil
1. Mix vinegar and dijon mustard into a bowl with a whisk
2. Whisk in garlic, a big pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper
3. Slowly whisk oil into mixture, first in a few droplets then in a slow steady stream to make an emulsified vinaigrette.
1. Pour over couscous and mix.