I tried this recipe and it was a hit at our house! The original recipe was Thai-Style Ground Beef, but I had ground turkey on hand so that is what I used. You could use any kind of ground meat.
1 cup thinly sliced leek
1 tsp minced garlic
1 lbs turkey (original recipe called for ground sirloin – you could use any ground meat)
1 tsp red curry paste
1 cup tomato sauce (I prefer salt-free)
1/2 cup light coconut milk
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 tsp grated lime rind
1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 Tablespoon Asian Fish sauce
Green onions for garnish (optional)
Coconut lime rice
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Coat a pan with cooking spray.
3. Add leek; saute 5 minutes.
4. Add Garlic; saute 1 minute.
5. Add turkey; cook 7 minutes or until lightly browned (stirring to crumble).
6. Stir in curry paste and tomato sauce; cook until 1/2 of liquid evaporates about (2-4 minutes).
7. Add milk, brown sugar, lime rind, lime juice, and fish sauce.
8. Cook about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
9. Clean lettuce and use large pieces to make wraps. (You could also use tortillas.). Serve with Coconut-Lime Rice
Source: Slightly Adapted from Cooking Light Magazine