Quick, run don’t walk to your nearest store and buy Oreos and cream cheese, oh and dipping chocolate. Ever since I saw Oreo truffles I knew I had to make them then I started thinking of all the other kind of yummy variations I could make and I knew I was in trouble. My practice oral examinations in front of my peers seemed like a perfect place to share my newest baking adventure and since I needed a break from studying I thought – why not? Needless to say they were a big hit and I will definitely be making these again. I saw these truffles on Bakerella (what a talented blogger!) and now I want to try every variation I have thought up and the cake balls she posted.
So now, throw those clothes off your treadmill and get right on – there will be some more yummy cookie truffles in the near future. Or leave your clothes on the treadmill and watch a workout video while eating the truffles – that way you don’t break a sweat 🙂
1pkg Oreo Cookies (set 3 aside)
8oz Cream cheese, softened
White chocolate bark
1. Crush 3 Oreos to a very fine consistency (I used a food processor); set aside
2. Crush the rest of the Oreos and mix in cream cheese.
3. Form 1-inch balls; and place on wax paper on a cookie sheet
4. Freeze Oreo balls for 10-15 minutes
5. Melt chocolate according to instructions, dip balls using a spoon then put on a fork to tap off excess chocolate (I only took out 3-4 balls at a time from the freezer). Sprinkle crushed Oreos on top.
6. Let chocolate harden the keep in the refrigerator.